Saturday, June 04, 2005

Assignment 7 ★ June 4 , 2005

Reflection on Team T 's lesson
What I Particularly Liked about Team T's Lesson
☆ First teachers and students pronounced together , then teachers called on rows , then called on individual students . Teachers did not repeat with the students and their instruction was decisive . So it was easy for students to understand what we should do . 
Teachers used not only English but also Japanese . It was kind of students to use Japanese , because he was a real beginner of English . If I were them , I might use only english and I would bother him . The idea was very good !
When teachers asked a question of him , he could not answer the question . So they showed him the play again . I thought this is good .
Teachers moved around the class room , and they watched students carefully . And if he had a trouble , they taught him till he can understand .

Some Suggestions for an Even Better Lesson
☆ I thought they should take warm up time more , because He was a real beginner of English . Teachers greeted and did introduction of new material , and started to show their short play . I thought he could not stretch his head before today's lesson , and he was nervous . Teachers should introduce theirself or say somethig that students can understand .
☆ Teachers spoke too quickly in their short play . They should speak more slowly using the real thing . (ex: clock)
☆ When we did Fill in the blanks of conclusion , teacher's instruction was not decisive . Teachers made interval (ex: Are you America ?) when they read dialogues , but many of students around me confused the readings . They could devise how to speak dialogues of Fill in the blanks . But they used stress and intonation , so maybe they could cover the confusion .
Teachers used "I'm" without explaining . I think contraction make beginner students confusion .
I thought they could do practice more . They should give him chances to use the new material . I want to do conversation , not only my partner but also other classmates in the class . If he could role play more , he would realize that he master today's new materials .
Teachers could teach about period , comma , question mark , and capital letter together . Probably beginner will puzzle when they do fill in the blanks , if they did not know these materials .
I thought he learnes many things in a day . It was a hard menu for a beginner .
Teachers should use (un)grammatical foreigner talk .
① slower pace , clearly
② simply , shorter sentences
× subordinate clauses
× complex grammatical forms (ex: question tags)
③ regular , basic
× contracted form (ex: I'm)
④ elaborated languages
Teachers sometimes spoke what begginers can not understand . I thought they should use grammatical foreigner talk . Maybe ungrammatical foreigner talk is better than grammatical foreigner talk for beginners .

Team T's class was very marvelous . Their class was powerful , so I felt very happy !! There were many good points , so I could learn a lot of things from their class . I want to make good use of this experience . Thank you (V)o¥o(V)

No comments: