Monday, June 20, 2005

Assignment 9 ★ June 20 , 2005

Reflection on Team A's lesson
Good points of their resson
☆First , they confirmed what Mr.Neyim learned in the last class★They could do warm up before teach new materials★Teachers introduced themselves saying something that Mr.Neyim can understand★What is more , they asked Mr.Neyim to do introduction , and they found his mintakes and they could correct it★I thought their warm up was very good idea★
☆Their class was well balanced . They tried to mix reading , listening , writing and speaking .
☆Teachers used student's imagination and ability to guess to help him understand the materials . After the short play , one of teacher said to Mr.Neyim , "Can you understand the meaning of This is ~, That is~." I thought this question was very good .

The points they might try doing differently in the future .
☆Practice should have aspects of both drill and real . I thought the practice was monotonous . The practice was communication activity(コミュニケーション活動) , so I thought they should also do task activity(タスク活動) to understand practical English usage .
ex) Teachers give students a list of new words which is in the class .
①Pair work
Student A : What is this ?
Student B : This is desk .
Student B : What is that ?
Student A : That is blackbord .
②Class work
Teacher : Student A , what is this ?
Student A : This is TV .
All students : This is TV .
☆I thought that they hasitated to act out and say something to students . I think it is natural for us to be shy , but If I should be a student , I would feel nervous . I always look at my friends face before I say something . I thought this is bad habit of us . I want to try to speak with confidence . If teachers hesitated to speak , students also hesitated to speak . I wann to improve my bad habit .

Their warm-up impressed me !! It was very natural . They gave Nr.Neyim many chances to use English , and they confirmes his understanding . They tought him kindly . They were very good teachers . (V)o¥o(V)

No comments: