Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Graduation Thesis ★ May 30

My methodology for the research.

I'm going to evaluate the pronunciation sections using my rubric.
Also I'm going to give a small reading text to students and see how they pronunce the sentences and how they mastered Sound Box.

[Reading Test]
I want to give a reading test to 10 9th grade students I teach English at the cram school from different junior high school.

1) Check Point
Segmental phoneme
Linking
Accent, Stress, Rhythm
Intonation
Pause


2) Examples of the reading test

A: Which do you like better, vegetables or meat ?
B: I like vegetables. How about you?
A: Me, too. I eat a lot of vegetables. Can you eat tomatos? I want to make a tomato cake to welcome you to our house.
B: That's great. Thank you.


Linking: about you [NH2SB3], lot of[NH2SB1], can you[NH2SB1]
accent, stress, rhythm: 質問内容に対する答えの強調 [NH2SB2],
Intonation: 疑問文の音調(A or B?) [NH1SB3], 疑問文の音調[NH1SB1]
Pause: コンマ前の区切り、不定詞の副詞用法の前での区切り[NH2SB4]
segmental phoneme: "v, th, r"の発音[NH2SB5], "tomato, cake"の発音

3) questionnaire
- When did you start learning English?
- Do you go to English Conversation school?
- Does your school English teacher teach Sound Box?
- Do you like learning English?
- Do you want to speak English like native speakers?
- How do you practice pronunciation at school?
- How do you practice pronunciation at home? ... etc

2 comments:

JH said...

What results do you expect?

JH said...

By next week:
Talk to Mr. I and find out good ways to test for supra-segmental phoneme pronunication,rhythm, etc...
Write your hypothesis.